Problems Arise Again

Monday, July 28, 2008

Everything went fine on Saturday, until Saturday night (07/26/2008). Right before bed, I started hemorrhaging and cramping. It was bad. Chris took me to the ER in Matthews. Because I had lost so much blood, my blood pressure dropped to 60/40. They kept giving me IV fluids and then the bleeding finally stopped and my blood pressure went up a little bit. They did an ultrasound there at the hospital and said that the baby was fine but that I had had a blood clot that ruptured and that was where the bleeding was coming from (the same exact thing I had when I was pregnant with Tyler). They finally let me come home about 5:00 am Saturday morning. Now, I think I am just numb. I think somehow I have just managed to shut my emotions down. On one hand, I am having all this bleeding and cramping, which, quite frankly, has been worse than when I had my very first miscarriage before Tyler, and then, on the other hand, I keep having these ultrasound showing a living baby still there, still growing. I just don't know what to think. They sent me home and told me to follow up with my RE in a few days.

0 comments: