I'M PREGNANT!!!

Monday, July 7, 2008

IT WORKED—FIRST TIME!!! I'M PREGNANT!!! The first thing I did this morning is take a home pregnancy test. I just had a feeling that it is going to be positive…"mother's instinct," I guess you could say. My suspicions were confirmed. TWO LINES!!! Faint..but TWO nonetheless. I am trying not to get too excited. I know that many pregnancies that are discovered really early often lead in miscarriage, and that has happened to us before. Since we got a positive test after our first IUI with Tyler and it ended in miscarriage, I am still a little skeptical. Chris stopped by the house during lunch and I showed him the test. He is about as shocked as I am. Now I have to make my visits to the lab to have my blood drawn to see if my hCG levels (the pregnancy hormone) are increasing. They should be doubling every 48 hours. Back to playing he waiting game again. We both agreed that we would not tell anybody until we had solid confirmation that this was a viable pregnancy. That, in itself, is hard. Finding out your pregnant is such exciting news and you just want to tell everybody you see but we know all too well the heartache of having to "unannounce" the announcement if things do not progress, so we will err on the side of caution and wait until we are sure.

0 comments: