Well, it was back to the doctor today. I ran a fever during the night and woke up with an upset stomach and feeling way worse than I have been. Now, I have bronchitis/URI. The doctor started me on an antibiotic so hopefully I will be feeling better in a few days. I am going to just try to get as much rest this weekend as possible.
A lot of you have asked me about pregnancy after gastric bypass surgery. After talking with my gastric bypass surgeon and my nutritionist, I learned that after the bypass, most woman (pending they are compliant with doctors orders) have a very healthy pregnancy after surgery. I was at a point before my pregnancy where my weight had stabilized, which is what is recommended. So far, I have not had diabetes, no swelling in my feet and legs, and my blood pressure has been normal. The biggest issue is making sure I take in enough calories and vitamins to sustain a healthy pregnancy. I am eating more frequently and have added more calorie-rich foods. I have to take some added vitamins, too. So far, I have gained just the right amount of pregnancy weight, as recommended by the doctor, so all of my doctors are pleased with that. Now that I am in a pretty regular exercise routine, that also makes for a much healthier pregnancy. I know how hard it is to take the weight off, so I am being very cautious about how much I put on this time. It's been hard because with this pregnancy I have craved chocolate really bad, which is really odd for me because I HATE chocolate. I can't even stand to smell it. I've just had to be very careful not to give in to those cravings because consuming too many sweets makes me really sick. Oh...I have also craved tomatoes and I hate tomatoes, too! I find that really strange! There's been a few times I could probably have eaten a whole bowl of chocolate covered tomatoes!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment