Today I had my first OB appointment. I saw Dr. Castellion, who was my old OB/GYN, even before I got pregnant with Tyler. I really like her. She spent a long time going over all that has happened in the past four years and was really understanding of what all we had been through. She offered me all the usual screening for moms over 35. I declined it all. We do not believe in abortion. If there were problems with the baby, then we would deal with it after the birth. Terminating a pregnancy is NEVER an option for us. Since I just passed 35 and have no problems in either of our past family histories, Dr. Castellion said that she didn't anticipate any problems and we shouldn't worry. She did say that we could probably get away with having a level II ultrasound for our "sex determination" ultrasound because of my age, so we did elect to do that. You can just see so much more detail on a level II ultrasound, so they will be scheduling that for us in the next few weeks. After today's visit, I know I made the right decision to go back to Bradford.
Before I left, we found the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler and it was 152 BPM. WooHoo!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment