Today was my first appointment at the REACH Clinic. It all came rushing back the moment I opened the door. The excitement...the anticipation...the nervousness..the anxiety...the emotional and physical ups and downs...its all still there, right where I left it. I guess that I kind of thought those thoughts would have dissipated this time. I am an "old pro," right? However, instead of feeling confident and reassured, I find myself really nervous as I wait to be called back. I know I've been through it all before, but, yet, at the same time, I am stepping out into the unknown. Am I too old? Will it work a second time? What would it be like to parent TWO children, as my life has been so devoted to one for the past four years? There are so many questions with answers that can't be had right now. As I wait, I say a quick prayer and ask the Lord to give me the strength and patience to endure this a second time.
The appointment was pretty routine. I met with Dr. Whiteside, our RE with Tyler. I quickly remembered why I love him so. He is so laid back with a dry sense of humor and I don't think there is much that could ever rattle him. We catch up on the past four years and when I told him that I had given birth to a 10 pound baby who has grown into a 4-year-old little boy that's into everything, he quickly proclaims now he knows why we haven't been back before now!
We spend some time talking about our options this time. We decide that our treatment plan will be the same as before…we will begin with IUI and then progress from there. We've done it all before, so I knew the routine. We will start with an oral fertility agent and then progress to injectables if needed. He seems to think that I won't need the injectables this time. I am 100% convinced I will. My philosophy is that we know what worked last time..why can't we just START with that this time. Dr. W's response was.."Because you'll come and shoot me…that will give you triplets or more." He seems confident in his treatment plan. I will just have to trust him on this one.

0 comments:
Post a Comment