Everything had calmed down and I was having no more problems until yesterday. I had gone to the beach house for the weekend since I had been feeling okay. I was drying my hair Saturday afternoon, when, once again, the hemorrhaging started again. I couldn't get it to stop and a knew my blood pressure was dropping fast, so I had my mom take me to the hospital. It's a small hospital, on the mainland, (our house is on an island with no hospital) and I was a little apprehensive but the alternative was to drive all the way to Wilmington, NC, which I thought was just too far to go. After a long wait, I finally saw the ER physician, who told me that since they were a small hospital they did not have ultrasound capabilities on the weekends. He said that he really could not tell if my cervix was open (meaning I was miscarrying or not) so all I could do was go home and wait until I got back to Union County Monday and see my regular doctor. There is not much they can do to stop an early miscarriage so there was no treatment they could offer me. They got the bleeding stopped and stabilized my blood pressure, at least. After I got back to Union County, I saw the infertility doctor once again and he said that everything looked fine (surprise, surprise). He could tell I had had a large amount of bleeding but it was not inside the gestational sac and the baby was perfectly fine. Good heartbeat, good size. He said he wasn't worried about it. He told me that I can start weaning down the progesterone and next visit, if no more major problems, he will release me to a regular OB. Needless to say, I will be finding a new OB. I had changed OB's after Tyler was born due to the fact that I had an OB open an office right across the way. It was convenient just for routine exams, etc., but after all I have been through with them over the past few months, I will definitely be finding a new one. I am not sure if I will be going back to the Bradford Clinic (where I went when I was pregnant with Tyler), as I have learned that all of their "older, experienced" doctors will no longer be delivering babies after the first of the year. I want an experienced OB so I may be choosing another doctor. My RE wants me to choose someone close (Charlotte is too far) so that really limits the possibilities. I will be researching that in the coming weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment